GM - UniversalSync
Synchronize all kinds of data. Most commonly the GM-UniversalSync application will be
used for file synchronization.
[Screenshots] [Release Notes]
- Small (~2 MB).
- Fast (native optimized code).
- Produces reliable results.
- Tidy and easy to use user interface.
- Unlimited number of synchronization profiles.
- Each synchronization profile may contain two or more locations to be synchronized.
- Unicode, supporting all characters worldwide (Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, Greek, Cyrillic, Hebrew, etc.) in the setup, the software and the file and folder names to be synchronized.
- All modification times are compared as UTC so there will never be misinterpreting of modification time values worldwide.
- Always responsive and instantly interruptible, even when stuck in Internet calls, due to non-blocking internet socket use.
- Analyze mode that simulates a synchronization to show what it would do but does not make any changes to the locations of the synchronization profile.
- Can handle path names with more than 250 characters. Any single directory name inside the path must
not exceed 250 characters, but the length of the complete path may be up to 32767 characters.
- Multi language user interface, currently the following languages are supported:
- Compare window showing the contents of all locations of a synchronization profile side by side:
- Allowing to browse through folders and subfolders of the locations.
- Supporting direct copy/move of files and folders by drag and drop. drag and drop
works inside and between compare view windows of the same application instance. It does not work
between compare view windows of different application instances, and it does not work
to/from windows explorer.
- Supporting deletions of files and folders by DEL-key or context menu.
- Showing what the synchronization would do by small symbols.
- Extendable via data accessor plug-ins. Currently the following plug-ins are included:
- Data accessor for locally mounted file systems (local drives, USB-drives, network drives, CD, DVD, etc.).
- Data accessor for FTP server with SSL/TLS support (ftp/ftps).
- Data accessor for WebDAV server with SSL/TLS support (http/https).
- Detects deletions and moves by remembering previous synchronization states.
- Can be used "portable" (without installation) at any location.
- Integrated scheduling for automatic synchronization.
- Runs on all windows systems NT/2000/XP/Vista/7/8/10 32-Bit or 64-Bit. No .Net, Gdi+ or other additional software needed.
- Command line syntax
- Adding direct rename to the compare view window.
- Add filtering to the compare view window.
- Adding support for direct editing of files to the compare view window.
- Adding drag and drop support to/from windows explorer.
- Adding a file diff viewer for files shown in the compare view window.
- Adding automated updates from inside the software.
- Adding a data accessor for SFTP (SSH File Transfer Protocol).
- Adding a data accessor for Google Drive.
- Adding a data accessor for LDAP.
- Adding a data accessor for CalDAV.
- Adding a data accessor for SyncML.
- Adding a data accessor for Outlook.
- Adding a data accessor for organizers on Mobile devices.
- Adding a data accessor for ODBC.
The GM-UniversalSync application contains the fundamental algorithm to synchronize an arbitrary number of locations.
The actual accessing of the data is done by data accessor plug-ins.
The technical details of the data access inside the accessor plug-ins are opaque to the
GM-UniversalSync application. The data accessor plug-ins just need to comply to the
data accessing Interfaces.
Therefore it is possible to develop data accessor plug-ins for any kind of data to be
synchronized with the GM-UniversalSync application.
The technical details for developing third party data accessor plug-ins will be published here soon.
Only a few very simple interfaces have to be implemented in order to provide a new data accessor
plug-in to the GM-UniversalSync application.